This recipe is very unique recipe and is prepared by Lagma Gaude from Bandora, Ponda. Kingfish ( Ishwan / Surmayi ) is fried covering with banana tree leaf using authentic local goan masala. She specially invited Golden Goa Team to try this recipe and it was finger licking good. I remembered my grandmothers food. So now lets check this recipe.
- 1/2 kg Kingfish fillets
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic Paste
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 3/4 tbsp Garam Masala (i used homemade masala)
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt as needed
- Banana Leaves (washed)
How to make :
1) Wash fish fillets thoroughly and apply salt to the fish.
2) Add the following ingredients to a plate – Ginger, garlic paste, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and lemon juice.
3) Mix all of these together to make a paste.
4) Put Salt as needed or you can taste the marinade and put it as per your need.
5) Apply this marinade paste to the fish pieces. If needed add 1 tbsp of water so paste gets applied it smoothly. Keep it for 10-15min.
6) Cover the fish with banana leave.
7) Heat the frying pan or tawa. Heat it on low flame. No need of oil as it is covered by banana leaf. fry the fish covering the lead on frying pan / tawa.
8) It will take 10-15min to fry.
9) Once fried you can eat with.. Add Onion pieces and lemon with it.
Hope you like it. Do share your feedback on this recipe in the comment box below.